Welcome to Military Heritage! Thank you for visiting.
Military Heritage is an enterprise working in the field of laser sources and sensors for research and industry. It was born in 2002 as a spin-off from the University of Pisa.
The group is composed of three physicists and two electronic technicians, with specific skills in the fields of optics, quantum electronics, precision mechanics, low noise electronics, use and treatment of special materials and non conventional machining techniques such as EDM (electric discharge machining) and CNC ultrasonic milling. The enterprise was born after a long period of collaboration between the group and the high-technology industry, for advising and prototyping of measurement instruments. The group has already developed collaborations with several international research institutions.
Among our product lines we mention:
- pulsed Nd:YAG laser systems
- extended-cavity diode lasers
- ultra-low-noise diode laser drivers
- high voltage PZT drivers
- laser displacement sensors
- laser planarity measuring systems for tests on large planar surfaces, and for ways of turning and milling machines
We also supply with our know-how in:
- low-noise accelerometers
- high-performance seismic isolation systems
- electrochemical micromachining
- laser optical pumping systems for alkaline-vapor based magnetometers
This site was really built with you in mind and we hope you will find it useful.
Your comments or questions are of course welcome.