Delaware Air National Guard in the Korean War

Just one year prior to being mobilized  for 21 months of Korean War service, the Delaware ANG
received their first jets; F-84C's in February 1950, ferried in from Otis AFB Massachusetts.  At the
time, it was one of the very first ANG units to "go jet". With the single exception of
Major David
McCallister, none of the pilots in the unit had ever flown a jet. Two squadron pilots, Captain Frank
H. Stern and James R. Shotwell were away at Williams AFB learning to master the F-80 Shooting
Star but had not yet returned from school. Lt. Howard "Bus" Schuckler recalls being planted in the
seat, told how to 'light the burner" and then took off for a solo as his first training session in the
new jet.

There was one dramatic incident in 1950 when
Lt. Saul Sitzer narrowly escaped death as his F-84
burst into flames and scattered bullets in all directions during a failed take off at New Castle. He
escaped with first and second degree burns as he rolled on the ground to put out the flames. The
accident occurred at hare's Corner at the southeastern corner of the airport near the M&M Diner.  
The $250,000 jet was a total write-off. Sitzer took off in a flight of four airplanes but failed to reach
take off speed although his jet was going an estimated 100 mph at impact after aborting his takeoff
and applying the brakes. His landing gear collapsed and the plane bounced across Churchman's
road. Sitzer was a former WWII pilot and POW.  He would later be mobilized for the Korean War.

On October 19, 1950
Major Merle J. "Jake" Gilbertson was killed near Hockessin in the crash of his
F-84.  Gilbertson was assigned to the parent Wing of the 142nd Squadron the 113th Fighter Bomber
Wing.  He was a close personal friend of Capt.
Dave McCallister.

Federal Mobilization for the Korean War

By the following February, all the pilots were thoroughly "at home" in the F-84. Although the unit
was mobilized in place, and most DE ANG members served at New Castle, many individuals were
reassigned to the combat theater, and elsewhere in the Air Force.

Twenty five officers (of 43 called up) and about 100 airmen eventually served overseas, mostly in
Korea. Nineteen pilots saw combat. Twenty of the thirty enlisted members who served overseas were
posted to Korea. Of the original pilots, twenty remained on active duty and several accepted regular

One pilot was killed in action, and one was missing and presumed dead. One pilot,
Capt. Lt Alvin
was shot down in his F-84E (51-634) with the 8th Fighter Bomber Squadron, 49th FBG,
Taegu, and rescued by a Navy Helicopter from behind enemy lines on January 26, 1952.

1st Lt Walter C. Stewart of Glenmore Pennsylvania was killed in action  23 April 1951 while
attempting a low altitude ejection on returning to base for emergency landing after an explosion in
his F-84E Thunderjet (49-2426) while a member of 523rd Fighter Escort Squadron at Itazuke Air
Force Base, Japan.   

1st Lieutenant Charles D. Hogue of Philadelphia was listed as missing in action. On 13 December
1951 twenty miles northeast of Sinanju, a flight of enemy fighter aircraft was encountered and
during the ensuing action, Lieutenant Hogue of the 334th Fighter Interceptor Squadron radioed that
he believed he had been hit. It is believed that he was hit by MiG-15 ace Pavel S. Milaushkin (176th
GIAP/324th IAD) .  During the remainder of the engagement, which continued for about four
minutes, visual and radio contact was lost with Lieutenant Hogue's F-86. However, a subsequent
radio message received by the element leader indicated that the missing pilot was apparently south of
Chinnampo and in no difficulty. The F-86 failed to return to base and all efforts to locate it and the
fate of the pilot were unsuccessful. Lt. Charles D. Hogue went missing in action and was presumed

Capt. John V. Schobelock, DE ANG received the Distinguished Flying Cross for blowing up a
tunnel in North Korea with his F-84.  He was also credited with strafing and destroying one
communist truck, three camouflaged truck revetments, and damaging a medium tank.

Dispatched to Korea in 1951,
William F.  Hutchison flew 87 combat missions in F-84s. He led
repeated raids through intense enemy fire, often returning with holes in fuselage and wings. He was
awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross, multiple air medals and an Army Commendation Medal.

Hutchison's Distinguished Flying Cross citation reads, " For extraordinary achievement while
participating in aerial flight over enemy held territory as leader of four F-84's on a close support
mission near Changjon Korea on June 24, 1951. While orbiting the assigned target of enemy bunkers
the enemy sent up a volley of flak  and small arms fire which damaged Lieutenant Hutchison's
aircraft and also the controller aircraft.  Lieutenant Hutchison assessed the damage to his aircraft
and chose to continue the strike. Flyng a damaged aircraft on repeated runs through intense enemy
automatic weapons fire, Lieutenant Hutchison led his flight toward the destruction of nine enemy
bunkers. "

Charles Palmer, charter member, on the active duty call up for Korea:“Bob Loeffel and I were up in
New England and we got a call to return to New Castle.  Although everyone was activated, only the
pilots and selected AFSCs were actually sent to Korea. Many stayed behind to furnish a manpower
pool.  Some were disappointed that we didn’t go as a unit, but were used piecemeal as individual
replacements.  The 113th Wing Headquarters was moved here with other units from Washington
DC.  I ended up serving in Wing HQ. After the call up the 4th fighter Wing moved out and we took
over air defense.  Later in the war, we received as part of the Air Defense Command, F-94s, one of the
most advanced fighter/interceptors of the time.  When we returned to inactive duty status we got P-
51s – obsolete relics of World War II. Most of the older guys were World War II veterans and took
the call-up in stride…”

Of the original Delaware Air Guard pilots, twenty remained on active duty with the Air Force at the
conclusion of the war. During the Korean War, 142nd pilots dropped 1,505,000 pounds of bombs,
fired 450 rockets, dropped 314 napalm bombs, fired 1,327,867 rounds of .50 calibre ammunition,
dropped 4000 pounds of flares, destroyed 2 1/2 and damaged eight enemy aircraft. Personnel receiived
the following decorations: 18 distinguished flying crosses, 36 air medals, one soldiers medal, one
commendation ribbon and one bronze star. (source, DANG Truth April 1957)

William F. Hutchison recalled, "The Korean War called Delawareans to active duty. In our state, our
air defense missions were flown around the clock. I arrived in Korea to find my unit commanded by
the 142nd commander, Lieutenant Colonel J. Ross (the boss) Adams. Al Thawley, from Rehoboth,
had been shot down that morning and was evading the North Koreans on an ice floe in the China
Sea. Delaware flight commanders John Schobeleck and Joe Martin were strafing Chinese attempting
to capture him. Ed Atkinson, Maintenance Officer, of the famed 4th Fighter Group, kept the F-84s
refueled as a continuing stream of fighters headed north to protect Thawley until rescue helicopters
could arrive.  Joe Martin, Delawarean was still overhead Thawley while the rescue chopper arrived
and began to pick up ground fire from menacing Chinese.  The chopper pilot began to waver because
of the ground fire. He circled to leave. Martin encouraged him with his famous call - "If you don't go
in, you won't go back."  He did, bravely and successfully."

In February 1951, Colonel Spruance was assigned the task of reorganizing the air section of the state
staff and establishing the Headquarters, Delaware Air National Guard.

In March 1951, the 142nd evidenced early "jointness" when it provided aircraft for a mock anti-
aircraft problem conducted by the 198th AAA  group, Delaware Army National Guard.  Gun crews
from the 156th Automatic Weapons Battalion set up near the intersection of Basin Road and DuPont
Highway as DE ANG pilots served as fast moving targets in their F-84 Thunderjets at nearly 600

On May 17, 1951, the federalized unit was redesignated the 142nd Fighter-Interceptor Squadron and
in September 1951 the unit exchanged its Republic F-84C (Thunder jet) for the all-weather Lockheed
F-94B "Starfire" aircraft to fit the unit's new continental air defense mission. They stood five minute
runway alert duty seven days a week around the clock for over a year guarding the Mid-Atlantic
States against surprise attack by Soviet long range bombers.

In July 1952, pilots of the federalized 142nd were put on alert to intercept flying saucers sighted in
the vicinity of the nation's capital on successive weekends. 1st Lt. William L. Patterson, a Korean
War veteran, who sighted the objects said he concentrated on one of the "bright lights" but it outran
him.  "I tried to make contact with the bogies below 1000 feet, but they (radar controllers) vectored
us around, " Patterson said. "I was at my maximum speed (600 mph) but even then I had no closing
speed."  The men of the 142nd were under the command of Lt. Col Jack West.

The 142nd participated in a Washington DC parade for General Douglas MacArthur in 1952 making
three passes with 22 jets of the 113th Fighter Interceptor Wing led by  Lt Col Ross Adams over the
parade route down Pennsylvania Avenue.

The Korean War was a turning point for the U.S. military establishment including the Air Guard.
Some 45,000 Air Guardsmen, 80 percent of the force, were mobilized. That call-up exposed the
glaring weaknesses of the ANG. Units and individuals lacked specific wartime missions. Their
equipment, especially aircraft, was obsolete. Their training was usually deplorable. Once mobilized,
they proved to be almost totally unprepared for combat. Guard units were assigned almost at
random to active duty, regardless of their previous training and equipment. Many key Air
Guardsmen were stripped away from their units and used as fillers elsewhere in the Air Force. It
took months and months for them to become combat ready. Some units never did. Eventually, the
mess was sorted out. The recalled Guardsmen contributed substantially to the air war in Korea and
to the USAF's global buildup for the expected military confrontation with the Soviet Union.
However, the initial fiasco forced the Air Force to achieve an accommodation with the Air Guard
and to thoroughly revamp its entire reserve system.

Brack-Ex Pilot Coming Home After 100 Missions in Korea (newspaper article)

Lt. Roger W. Gottschall, First Delaware Guardsman Sent Overseas; Reached Combat Quota in Six
Months; Flew in Infantry Support

Wilmington Del. 1952 - In some ways it’s been a short war for Lt. Roger W. Gottschall, 26, of 215
Central Avenue, Brack-Ex.  Six months ago Lieutenant Gottschall went to Japan, the first of the
Delaware Air National Guard to ship overseas.  Today he is in Korea, waiting orders for home on
rotational assignment and chaffing under the comparatively dull duties as an instructor.  I those six
months however, there were 100 combat missions over the Korean battlefront in his F-80 jet fighter.

Thus Lt. Roger Gottschall – first Delaware Guard pilot sent to the Far East, first to go into combat,
will be the first to come home.  He has been married for three years and before going to Korea was a
pilot with the 142nd Fighter Squadron at the New Castle County Airport.  His wife Mrs. Virginia
Gottschall 22, has been working as a dental assistant in the VA hospital in Brack-Ex.  There have
been letters from her husband throughout the six months, but none were as important as the last
one which told her that the 100th mission was over.

“He didn’t write much about his flying while it was going on,” Mrs. Gottschall said today, “but in
the last letter he said there were times the going had been too close, he hadn’t been sure he would
return.”  The lieutenant wrote that when he reached Japan he had to train for a while in F-80’s
which was ironic since he had been flying the more advanced F-84 here at New Castle County
Airport.  However, his was to be the grueling daily task of flying ground support for the infantry
and interdiction combat over the battlefield, first from airfields in Japan, but most of the time from
Korea. His duties covered strafing runs on convoys and enemy troops, the rocket attacks against
tanks and gun emplacements, the napalm (fire bomb) runs to silence a stubborn pillbox blocking the
UN advance. Lieutenant Gottschall and his fellow airmen were the ones the foot soldiers called for
help when they needed air support.

Despite their poor initial showing, Air Guardsmen from across the country flew 39,530 combat
sorties and destroyed 39 enemy aircraft during the Korean War. But, the ANG paid a high price in
Korea as 101 of its members were either killed or declared missing in action during the conflict.

The Activation Order
Some four and half years after its initial founding, the 142nd Fighter Squadron (J), 1 February 1951,
Special Order No. 1 activated the Delaware Air National Guard for federal service to serve for 21
months during the Korean War.  

By Direction of the President, under the provisions of Section 21 Public Law 599, 81st Congress, each
of teh following Air National Guard Officers of the State of Delaware (Members of the 142nd fighter
Squadron (J) an Air National Guard unit of the State of Delaware alerted by direction of the
President for active military service effective 1 February 1951) is ordered to active duty in the grade
indicated, on 1 February 1951 to serve therein for a period of twenty-one (21) consecutive months, or
such other period as may be authorized by law, unless sooner relieved.

It lists the following officers:

Lt Col J Ross Adams Jr.
Maj Robert J. Byrne        
Maj Harry G. Staulcup

Capt. Clarence E. Atkinson
Capt George W. Dunn
Capt Frederic O. Fulmer
Capt. Robert P. Kemske
Capt. Robert W. Laird
Capt. Clement J. Lenhoff
Capt. Ronald G. Lock*
Capt. David F. McCallister
Capt. Edmund Palczewski
Capt. Donald M. Raine Jr.
Capt. Warren G. Smirl
Capt. William E. Swartz

1st Lt John C. Casey
1st Lt Charles H. Dooley
1st Lt James A. Faulkner
1st Lt Lawrence S. Gibson Jr.
1st Lt Roger W. Gottschall
1st Lt Henderson S. Gregg Jr. *
1st Lt Henry H. Gunther
1st Lt Walter A. Hannum
1st Lt Herbert M. Hazzard
1st Lt. Charles R. Hearn
1st Lt Charles D. Hogue**
1st Lt Raymond B. Janney II
1st Lt Frederick B. Krom*
1st Lt Robert E. LaCroix
1st Lt Franklin P. Luckman Jr.
1st Lt Joseph F. Martin
1st Lt Wallace B. McCafferty
1st Lt Francis L. McCaul
1st Lt William C. Miller
1st Lt Joseph P. Monigle
1st Lt Edward W. Schneider Jr.
1st Lt John V. Schobelock
1st Lt Howard J. “Bus” Schuckler
1st Lt Thomas J. Shellem
1st Lt James R. Shotwell Jr.
1st Lt Saul Sitzer
1st Lt Frank H. Stern Jr.
1st Lt Walter C. Stewart**
1st Lt Alvin T. Thawley
1st Lt Francis L. Walton
1st Lt Richard B. Work
1st Lt Warren E. Yarnall Jr.

2nd Lt William H. Hollingsworth Jr.
2nd Lt William F. Hutchison Jr.
2nd Lt Nathan M. Ragan

WOJG J. O. Humphries

*142nd Weather Station (Type A)
** Missing or killed in action

142nd Fighter Squadron (J), 1 February 1951, Special Order No. 1 activated the Delaware Air
National Guard for federal service to serve for 21 months during the Korean War.  

It lists the following enlisted personnel:

MSgt Stanley Cierkowski
MSgt John G. Hite
MSgt William A. Kelley Jr.
MSgt Joseph L. Manion
MSgt Edward F. Nawrocki
MSgt Charles M. Palmer
MSgt Johnny W. Reisor
MSgt Joseph A. Schultz
MSgt Douglas A. Sheldon
MSgt John Swan Jr.
MSgt Harlon L. Wiggins
MSgt Joe H. Wiggins
MSgt Ralph Wright

TSgt John J. Basquill Jr.
TSgt Joseph R. Beattie
TSgt Harold P. Burdick
TSgt Wimer R. Carruthers        
TSgt Earnest H. Craiger
TSgt James E. Davis        
TSgt Junior E. Feazell
TSgt Bernard Fischer
TSgt William L. Godwin
TSgt William T. Gray Jr.
TSgt William B. Green
TSgt Jack H. Hudson        
TSgt Edward J. Johnson
TSgt Charles T. Lee
TSgt Robert f. Loeffel
TSgt Homer L. Massie
TSgt Joseph A. Mayberry
TSgt Henry M. Monroe
TSgt George W. Murray Jr.
TSgt Donald O. “Pop” Ness
TSgt Henry G. Pia
TSgt Ralph A, Piazza
TSgt Paul W. Powell
TSgt Vincent L. Riley
TSgt Albert H. Seidle
TSgt Paul S. Smith
TSgt Vincent W. Sparks
TSgt William J.Stecher
TSgt Howard C. Stevens
TSgt Robert L. Stewart
TSgt Lawrence A. Vieth
TSgt William J. Thistlethwaite*
TSgt Joseph J. Vilgos
TSgt Lawrence E. Wiggins
TSgt Ellery t. Willett

SSgt Russell M. Allison
SSgt Domenick Cannatelli
SSgt Ezekiel Cooper
SSgt Harold S. Creamer Jr.
SSgt William Cycyk
SSgt Robert E. Davis
SSgt Raymond Dougherty
SSgt Charles C. Elrick
SSgt Howard J. Frank Jr.
SSgt Harry T. Grandel
SSgt Joseph Gudzelak
SSgt Robert N. Hitch Jr.         
SSgt James W. Hitchens
SSgt Edwared S. Jaris
SSgt James R. Jones Jr.
SSgt Edward P. Justis
SSgt Harry B. Justison
SSgt Max Leskovich
SSgt Charles E. Locke
SSgt Howard M. Lokyitch
SSgt Clarence H. Lynch Jr.
SSgt Vincent J. Martone
SSgt William P. Morgan
SSgt John H. Morrison
SSgt Thomas C. Murphy
SSgt Francis L. Norton
SSgt Leroy S. Pierson
SSgt Francis T. Porter
SSgt Joseph E. Pyle
SSgt Joseph A. Takach
SSgt James E. Toulson
SSgt Jesse H. Toulson Jr.
SSgt Robert D. Walls
SSgt William H. Warren Jr.
SSgt Grover H. Weaver Jr.
SSgt Everett W. Whitten
SSgt Arthur G. Willey III
SSgt Frederick E. Wollaston

Sgt Raymond M. Abel
Sgt Elmer C. Axelson
Sgt Harry J. Bacon Jr.
Sgt Robert J. Barbas        
Sgt Nick P. Bellos
Sgt Dale T. Bleacher
Sgt Howard M. Bock*
Sgt Newton R. Brackin Jr.
Sgt George M. Bradley
Sgt Ashton T. Buchanan Jr.
Sgt Ernie H. Campbell
Sgt James P. Cavanaugh
Sgt Morris L. Chudnofsky
Sgt John T. Conner
Sgt Eugene Coulbourn Jr.
Sgt Alvin A. Cushing
Sgt Charles de Brabander
Sgt Howard De Night
Sgt Fernando DiEmedio
Sgt Louis H. Dougherty Jr.
Sgt Thomas H. Durnan
Sgt Anthony J. Florio
Sgt Robert J. Fontana
Sgt Eugene P. Fortugno
Sgt John M. France        
Sgt Samuel J. Gallucio
Sgt Francis X. Garneski        
Sgt Lawrence C. Gropp Jr.
Sgt Robert E. Haley        
Sgt James G. Harrington
Sgt Frank B. Henderson
Sgt Paul H. Henretty
Sgt Edward J. Henry Jr.
Sgt Ronald L. Hill
Sgt Paul T. Insolo
Sgt William G. Irwin
Sgt William F. Jackson Jr.
Sgt Samuel E. Klessel
Sgt Leon T. Kowalczyk
Sgt John E. Lee
Sgt Joseph M. Lenza        
Sgt Phillip M. Leonard
Sgt Richard M. Loveless
Sgt Ralph H. Marker Jr.
Sgt Leonard Markovitz        
Sgt Renzo Mazzetti
Sgt Henry A. Menser Jr.
Sgt Paul E. Meyer
Sgt Carman N. Micucio
Sgt Eugene E. Miklasiewicz
Sgt David L. Moore
Sgt Rank L. Murphy
Sgt James J. Olivere Jr.
Sgt Leroy B. O’Neal
Sgt Robert C. Peoples         
Sgt Armand J. Piazza
Sgt Robert R. Pleasonton
Sgt Charles h. Reynolds
Sgt James J. Ricchiuti
Sgt Bernard J. Rigney
Sgt Peter R. Riley
Sgt Edward E. Roberts
Sgt Roger A. Rodney
Sgt John E. Ryder
Sgt Andrew E. Seutter
Sgt Gene L. Shelly
Sgt Lloyd W. Stackhouse
Sgt Nicholas F. Stellini
Sgt Ronald D. Thomas
Sgt Leslie E. Tull Jr.
Sgt Robert H. West
Sgt Henry R. Witt
Sgt Leroy J. Wolf        
Sgt William M. Wood
Sgt Joseph T, Yacucci

Cpl Allan J. Allston
Cpl Theodore Arquer Jr.
Cpl Charles C. Bailey
Cpl Ralph T. Baker
Cpl Leslie K. Bowen
Cpl Joseph J. Brown Jr.
Cpl Dana D. Burch Jr.
Cpl Enrico Calvetti Jr.
Cpl Richard J. Campbell
Cpl Gilbert B. Collins
Cpl Raymond F. Conner
Cpl Charles F. Conner
Cpl James J. Damico
Cpl Lee R. Davis Jr.
Cpl Dick R. Davies
Cpl James A. Dewey
Cpl Alvin F. Dobson Jr.
Cpl Donald J. Dobson
Cpl Paul S. Durnan
Cpl Nick G.  Evlombiados
Cpl Donald G. Feltz
Cpl Robert N. Floyd Jr.
Cpl Donald M. Galbraith
Cpl Arthur I. Guessford
Cpl Phillip A. Hall
Cpl John J. Harter
Cpl Irvin A. Haynes
Cpl Alfred T. Herman
Cpl Robert D. Hill
Cpl Robert E. Hillis
Cpl Arthur L. Hodges
Cpl Donald F. Hollingsworth
Cpl Charles J. Horwitz*
Cpl Sylvester W. Kasprzynski
Cpl Henry E. King
Cpl Kenneth W. Lemon
Cpl Lawrence J. Lewandowski
Cpl David J. McCord Jr.
Cpl Robert A. McCullough
Cpl Donald F. McGowan
Cpl Walter H. Miller
Cpl Donald E. Monigle
Cpl Ralph L. Nowland        
Cpl Patrick O’Donnell Jr.
Cpl Roger E. Packer
Cpl Pasquale J. Palandrani
Cpl Joseph D. Palese
Cpl Paul J. Perrone Jr.
Cpl Bernard S. Ribynski
Cpl William L. Robinson
Cpl Malio M. Rocco
Cpl Kenneth D. Schneckenburger
Cpl Harry A. Simeone
Cpl Theodore W. Simpson
Cpl Kenneth R. Smith
Cpl Stephen P. Snowberger
Cpl Joseph F. Solge
Cpl Edward S. Stansky
Cpl Marion G. Stewart
Cpl Horace E. Thompson
Cpl Robert L. Thompson
Cpl Jay W. Toor
Cpl Thomas M. Walsh Jr.
Cpl Elmer Z. Waters
Cpl George M. Watson
Cpl Theodore W. White
Cpl James A. Wood
Cpl Thomas L. Wortz

Pfc Joseph A. Brank
Pfc Nicholas J. Caruso
Pfc Ronald K. Coney
Pfc Walter I. Kraft
Pfc Albert J. Cunci
Pfc Roland L. Dennis
Pfc John R. Ennis Jr.
Pfc Jacob Frankfurt
Pfc Joseph E. Glazewski
Pfc Allan S Jacobs
Pfc Gerald A. Lind
Pfc Franci L. Marino
Pfc William H. McCauley
Pfc Anthony M. Panaccione
Pfc Francis A. Panariello Jr.
Pfc Wlmer C. Staats Jr.
Pfc John F. Van Sant III
Pfc Donald H. Williams
Pfc Andrew W. Williamson Jr.         
Pfc Clarence F. Wright *
Pfc Aldorrino A. Yacucci

Pvt Herbert M. Ableman
Pvt Vaughn L Altemus Jr.
Pvt Carl C. Arnold
Pvt Donald E. Ayers
Pvt Edward A. Barbiaz
Pvt Wade H. Barker Jr.
Pvt Daniel C. Bennett
Pvt Gerald Z. Berkowitz
Pvt James E. Berry
Pvt John R. Berry
Pvt Wilson B. Boyer III
Pvt Donald E. Bozman
Pvt Joseph D. Bradshaw
Pvt Oscar D. Brown Jr.
Pvt Mauro J. Bucci
Pvt Paul D. Buckley Jr.
Pvt Edward J. Burg Jr.
Pvt Richard J. Burg
Pvt Lawrence E. Cantera
Pvt. Philip M. Carabateas
Pvt Clarence Carey Jr.
Pvt Frank J. Carlino
Pvt John A. Carlson Jr.
Pvt Harry F. Carney
Pvt Francis t. Casey
Pvt Eugene F. Cassidy
Pvt Leonard R. Cheserone
Pvt Francis Choma
Pvt Daniel Costa Jr.
Pvt Clarence B. Cox III
Pvt Paul J. Curry
Pvt John W. Darrell Jr.
Pvt Alfonse J Del Pizzo
Pvt Francis A. DiMichele
Pvt Robert G. Donnigan
Pvt Thomas E. Dykos
Pvt Joseph P. Frederick
Pvt henry Galperin
Pvt Theodore P. Givens
Pvt Samuel Goldstein
Pvt George E. Gooden
Pvt John F. Gray
Pvt Paul C. Graybeal Jr.
Pvt Royden E. Hager
Pvt Walter Hatz
Pvt John S. Hedger
Pvt Lyle L. Henretty
Pvt Louis B. Hewett
Pvt William Hoffman
Pvt John R. Holleran
Pvt James R. Hollingsworth
Pvt John W. Horty
Pvt Jack L. Hughey
Pvt Carl J. Jones Jr.
Pvt William R. Jones
Pvt Henry J. Kedzierski
Pvt Herbert M. Keller
Pvt Charles J. Kelly Jr.
Pvt John F. Kirlin
Pvt Albin J. Lanczkowski
Pvt James F. Layton
Pvt Norman Levithan
Pvt Edward F. Lewis III
Pvt Kenneth W. Lewis Jr.
Pvt Charles R. Lillard
Pvt Crispin Lopes Jr.
Pvt Victor Major
Pvt Harry F. Malzeke
Pvt henry A. Manelski
Pvt Leonard Marshall
Pvt Walter K. Mc Dowell
Pvt Joseph B. McGovern
Pvt R. Thomas McMullen
Pvt Charles H. Megginson Jr.
Pvt David P. Michener
Pvt Fred Miller
Pvt Stanley J. Milowicki
Pvt Andrew L. Mitchell
Pvt Anthony M. Nardo
Pvt William B. Neal
Pvt Harry A. Nicholson Jr.
Pvt Ernest A. Pala
Pvt Torbett H. Perrine
Pvt David L. Pierce
Pvt Paul Podolak
Pvt Stanley E. Poore
Pvt Frank P. Pullella
Pvt James V. Rapposelli Jr.
Pvt Thomas B. Reece
Pvt Charles H. Reed
Pvt Robert R. Reed
Pvt David A. Riblett
Pvt Joseph J. Rich
Pvt Paul D. Rossiter
Pvt Clifton E. Russell
Pvt William P. Ryan
Pvt John Sass
Pvt Joseph K. Scarcelli
Pvt John Sereduke
Pvt John F. Shearer Jr.
Pvt Paul N. Shotwell
Pvt Harry L. Sweetman
Pvt Robert L. Sweetman
Pvt Peter Synczyszyn
Pvt Edward S. Szubielski
Pvt James H. Tobin II
Pvt Charles J. Walsh
Pvt. Joseph G. Walsh
Pvt Arnold M. Walton
Pvt Richard C. Walton
Pvt Edward J. Watkins Jr.
Pvt John R. Weber
Pvt Robert B. Whiteley
Pvt Desmond Wingate
Pvt Frank O. Winstead Jr.
Pvt William J. Woodward
Pvt Donald O. Zebley

*142nd Weather Station (Type A)
Delaware Military History